Faegheh Atashin born on 5 May 1950 in Tehran / Iran also known by her stage name Googoosh is an Iranian singer and actress. She is known for her contributions to Iranian pop music, but also starred in a variety of movies from the 1950s to the 1970s. She achieved the pinnacle of her fame and success towards the end of the 1970s. Her overall impact and contributions to Middle Eastern and Central Asian pop-music earned her the title of the most iconic female pop-singer from those regions. Due to her great talents and overall endearment to her people, she is a symbol of national pride to the people from Iran. Her most recent projects include serving as head judge and head of academy for the popular reality show Googoosh Music Academy which is broadcast on London based satellite channel Manoto 1.
- 1971: first prize and golden record at the Midemtrade fair in Cannes for her 7″ record (as “Gougoush”) featuring two songs in French: “Retour de la Ville” (A-side) and “J’entends Crier Je T’aime” (B-side).
- 1972: First prize at the Carthage Music Festival
- 1972: First medal of arts of Tunisia
- 1973: The best actress for Bita in Iranian Sepas film festival.
- 1973: The best artist of the year at San Remo Music Festival.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googoosh